Where We Are Going >
Consistent with independent living philosophy, CRIL holds the following core organizational values, beliefs and principles:
- Consumer Driven - CRIL services and general operations should continue
to be driven by persons with disabilities.
- Peer Support – All program areas should include peer support as
a vehicle to promote independence.
- Empowerment - CRIL should be empowered as an organization and provide tools,
information and support to empower persons with disabilities and partner organizations.
- Collaboration - CRIL believes that through targeted and consistent collaboration
with social service agencies, government, funders and the public we will be better
able to serve persons with disabilities and create positive and inclusive communities.
- Self Reliance - CRIL should promote independence through an emphasis on
self-reliance and individual advocacy.
- Strengths Based - CRIL will provide services through fortifying and building
upon organizational strengths and encouraging persons with disabilities to increase
their independence through this strengths-based approach.